Friday, June 22, 2012

Papa's Gift

For Father's Day I wanted to make something for my dad to go along with the gift we purchased for him. However, my plans changed as soon as I sat down at the table to start the project. I was going to make something a little more detailed than stickers on a jar. But, O'rien decided that he wanted to participate. So the plans were altered for a 3 year old craft project that he enjoyed doing instead. I am actually happy that we changed the plan. It was going to be just a decorated candy jar anyways, and this way O'rien got to make it more personalized in his style for Papa. Plus, he was very proud of it and super excited to give it to Papa for Father's Day.
O'rien of course also thought it was fun to help share the M&M's that were inside the jar. I have already noticed the jar has disappeared at my parents house. I am thinking that Papa must have hidden his secret jar so we chocolate thieves couldn't devour his candy....or maybe he just devoured it already on his own. The likely answer is probably a little bit of both.
Now we need to come up with a cute gift for O'rien to make for Daddy. I know it is a little after Father's Day, but it would be a nice touch to go with the Father's Day gift we purchased for him. Any ideas on what a good craft would be for a 3 year old to give to his Daddy?

I am curious to hear what all of you did for the Dad's in your life. I am sure some of you came up with some super crafty ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment